Sunday, January 8, 2012

My Next DonorsChoose.org Project: Bookin' It With Bucky!

Well, my first DonorsChoose.org project got funded quickly by three fabulous donors. Our mini-clocks are in the process of being shipped to our classroom so kids can be more successful solving elapsed time problems during math. I am incredibly thankful that even one project got funded, and I feel a little anxious posting another, as I don't want to seem like a greedy teacher...

But, I had friends and family say, "Oh, I wanted to donate but your project was funded by the time I got to the site!" I'm pretty sure most teachers don't get this lucky, but if I think about my two biggest needs, mini-clocks and lower-level books for kids to read are at the top of my list.

So, my next (and final project) for this school year is called Bookin' It With Bucky! If you click on the link, you can read more about the project. The goal is to get books in the hands of my lowest and neediest readers. I want them to feel successful in finding books at their level as often as the rest of the kids in my room.

I thank you in advance for considering a donation. I also put a link to my DonorsChoose.org project in the Educational Websites section of my blog (it's on the right-side margin, down a little bit...)!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks so much for the great idea! I had never heard of Bookin' It with Bucky and it would be wonderful for my very needy students. Thanks so much for making my day :) Have a very happy Sunday! :)

    Lisa :) (new follower by email, I tried to just "follow" you, but it wouldn't let me log in, so I'll try again later) :)

    Made in the Shade in Second Grade

    ReplyDelete